An assessment of the completed project in relation to plan which provides feedback to managers to support the implementation and control of future projects is called post completion audit.
- It highlights reasons for successful projects.
- It enables the prompt modification of existing or ongoing projects.
- Quality of decision making is improved by past experience.
- Improved control mechanism by highlighting area where weakness caused problem.
- The time and cost can be allocated to other business areas.
- It require good data collection system to operate effectively.
- Post completion audit can be used to blame rather than learn from past mistakes.