What is Quran
According to Islam, the Quran is a last holy book with precise meanings and wordings revealed to prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by Allah (God).
The Quran is the message of Allah (God), sent to prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by the angel, Gabriel
Purpose of Quran
The Quran is sent to make people aware of:
- Why Allah created this universe?
- What is the purpose of our life?
- The disclosure of pre-death and post-death period
- What is required from man or women in the pre-death period of life?
- What is right or wrong?
- How was life created?
- How to spend life to be successful in hereafter life?
Facts about Quran
- The Quran was revealed in Arabic language only and it has only one version.
- Unique content, protected by Allah from corruption.
What is Hadith?
Hadiths are the collection of sayings by last holy prophet, Muhammad (PBUH) in the lighting of Quran. In simple words, They are the interpretation of Quran by prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Report or narration of sayings and actions of prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is called the hadith.
Purpose of Hadith
The Quran is concise and requires expert explanation to make things clear, and that is accomplished by Hadiths. For example, the Quran makes Salah (Prayer) obligatory but is does not mention the required numbers of Salah. Such details are obtained from the Hadith.
Comparison Table of Quran and Hadith
|Origin||Precise wordings from Allah (God)||Words are given by prophet Muhammad (PBUH)|
|Purpose||Answers questions like:
||To make things clear mentioned in the Quran|
|Recitation||It is recited in the prayer||It can not be recited in the prayer|
|Degree of Accuracy||Fully authentic, protected by Allah||Hadith can be musnad or might be weak (without authentic narrative)|